Root Canal Treatment in Delhi
Tooth portion or Crown of a tooth is a three-layered structure namely comprising of – Enamel, Dentin & Pulp.
If the decay of tooth is limited to the first two layers, it can be corrected with Restoration/Filling. If tooth decay reaches the innermost third layer and causes inflammation or infection of pulp, than RootCanal Treatment/Endodontic Treatment is needed.
Root Canal Treatment (RCT) is also known as Endodontic Treatment. RCT is a procedure done when the tooth decay reaches the pulp (innermost layer of the tooth) causing inflammation. By RCT we can save the damaged tooth from extraction. This procedure is done by Root Canal Specialistwho is known as an Endodontist. The procedure involves:-
- Removal of infectedorinflamed tooth material
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Filling and sealing with an inert material
- Restoration and cap/crown
It is a multi-step procedure and may require multiple sittings& sittings varies from case to case.
WHEN DOES AN INDIVIDUAL NEED ROOT CANAL TREATMENT?
Root Canal Treatment is done onaninfectedordamaged tooth. InfectionorDamage can be due todeep decay, gum diseases, cracked or broken tooth, or it can be because of repeated dental treatment on a particular tooth. Root canal treatment is extremely important as:
- Root Canal Treatment stops the infection from spreading and prevents further damage of tooth hence save the tooth from extraction
- Root Canal Treatment relieves the pain caused due to inflammation that occurs because of infection.
SYMPTOMS IN WHICH ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IS REQUIRED:-
- Toothache/Tooth Pain is the commonest symptom that one might need Root Canal Treatment. It can range from mild to severe. As time progresses it may worsen, and patient canfeel continuous pain.
- Prolonged sensitivity is the other reason that individual has to go for RCT. While consuming something hot or cold if you feel sensitivity in your tooth, then there is the possibility that you might have to undergo Root Canal Treatment.
- If swelling ingums is present within short span of time than it can also be a sign that might require Root Canal Treatment.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT GETTING A ROOT CANAL TREATMENT?
- If you feel that pain goes away, it doesn’t mean that your tooth is healthy but this indicates that the nerves inside the tooth are dead and the infection in the root portion of tooth has grown manifolds.
- Infectious bacteria can enter into the tissues of gum and jaw which can cause severe infection inform of a pus-filled abscess. This can even aggravate serious condition like strokeand heart disease and many other systemic complications.
The RCT procedure is performed in the following steps:
Before starting the procedure X-ray by (RVG) is taken to assess the extent and approach to infection. Painless local anesthesia is administered before starting the treatment in the surrounding tissue to eliminate any pain or discomfort during the treatment.
A cavity is prepared; to remove all the infected tooth material or previous filling material is removed to approach inner-part of the tooth (pulp) is established.
Followed by disinfection and shaping of pulp canals. The infected pulp is removed completely, and canals are shaped and cleaned. Thorough disinfection is achieved. In some cases disinfection of canals is carried out by using laser to avoid any chance of contamination/infection in canals.
Clean and disinfected canals are then filled and sealed with a thermoplasticized inert filling material known as Gutta-Percha.
In the last step restoration/ filling is done to restore the cavity in the crown portion of tooth which is followed by a Cap/Crown cementation.
CARE AFTER ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
• Pressure on the tooth should be avoided as pressure can cause damage to the tooth.
• Chew soft food until final restoration and till final restoration avoid hard and crunchy food as it can damage tooth.
• Don’t do harsh/vigorous brushing. Brush gently.
• To protect tooth from further damage treated tooth should be restored withCap/Crown as early as possible.
• In case of any problem feel free to contact Dentesthica.
Root Canal Treatment in Delhi
• The procedure of RCT may sound scary due to involvement of anesthesia and dental tools like drills and file etc. However, the treatment is highly safe as compared to other invasive dental treatments. With the use of rotary root canal treatment instruments (single & multiple sitting with advance instruments) the procedure is short and painless. However, make sure that you visit a professional for Root Canal Treatment in Delhi. You don’t want to visit an unprofessional just to lose your natural tooth so that you’ll have to get it extracted at the end. After all, you want to save the natural tooth and avoid unnecessary tooth extraction. However, if you have a previously failed Root Canal Treatment then you can visit Dentesthica for a Re Root Canal Treatment in Delhi.
• The best way to save your teeth is to visit a highly experienced endodontist at Dentesthica—the best dental clinic for root canal treatment in South Delhi. At Dentesthica we believe in providing the best dental care to our patients so that you get to smile without any pain at an affordable price.
By getting the root canal treatment you can retain your chewing and speaking ability by eliminating the tooth extraction procedure and thus saving your natural tooth.
ANYMORE NO FEAR FOR ROOT CANAL
Painless root canal treatment procedure at Dentesthica, performed by endodontists (root canal specialists) during which patients are extremely comfortable.Also, in root canal cost in Delhi is very high but at Dentesthica, root canal cost is affordable and we assure you the best root canal treatment in Delhi.
No without treatment it’s not possible. If you feel that pain goes away, it doesn’t mean that your tooth is healthy but this indicates that the nerves inside the tooth are dead and the infection in the root portion of tooth has grown manifolds.
The treatment is painless/pain free. Patient feels constant pain as the tooth is infected so it is assumed that the treatment will also hurt. But in reality it’s not like that procedure is painless.
Yes it is possible but in some situations. As it varies from case to case. In some cases it can be done in single sitting/ single visit.
The purpose of removing tooth pulp is to prevent tooth & surrounding structure like gums from any serious damage that may occur due to the infection left out because of incomplete removal of pulp as pulp is infected. Removal of the infected pulp prevent drainage of infection into gums, which can lead to swelling that can spread onto face and neck and loss of bone at the root of the infected tooth.
The symptoms of an infected tooth pulp include foul taste around the infected tooth, severe toothache, and tenderness, swelling around the surrounding area of the infected tooth, pain/discomfort while opening the mouth to speak or chew food and fever. If these symptoms occur then you must visit your endodontist at Dentesthica and get the best root canal treatment in Delhi.
To avoid any complication during the treatment and to avoid post-treatment pain/discomfort it is necessary to take medicines as advised by doctor in between if you left the medicines it can develop resistance also. So as to avoid complications proper medication dosages should be taken as prescribed by your endodontist.
The major advantage of RCT is that it helps in saving the natural tooth by cleaning the infected root. Thus you don’t have to get your tooth extracted unless required. The procedure is less invasive and painless. Once the procedure is over, you can chew and speak without any pain due to the infection.
Post-treatment care is all about taking antibiotics on time, eating soft foods for a few days, and maintains a good oral hygiene regime. Make sure to brush gently, floss regularly and rinse your mouth with saltwater. Avoid using any abrasive mouth wash. Also, make sure to visit your dentist every six months and keep your oral health in check.