With the advancement in dentistry, procedures for replacement missing teeth have also advanced.Implants are the advanced way to replace missing teeth. An implant is a tiny titanium screw which is drilled in the bone to replace the root of missing tooth. As titanium is bio-compatible material so there are very less chances of rejection by body. Implant Osseointegrate with bone and hence implant gets stabilize and becomes part of our jaw bone. As implant gets integrated to the bone, an abutment is attached to it. On the top of abutment a crown is placed over the abutment to replace the missing tooth. To give fixed dentures to the patients. Implants acts as a boon to denture wearers.
Implant placement is generally done under local anesthesia. After implant placement generally takes about 3-6 months depending upon amount & quality of bone available for the implant to Osseointegrate with the bone of your jaw.
Any number of implants can be used to replace teeth as per number of teeth lost. To assess a good candidate for implant placement, we record complete a medical and dental condition which includes all past medical and dental history. X-Ray or CBCT scan is advised to assess the amount & quality of bone in your jaw. In case of If bone is not healthy or deficient it can be corrected by bone grafting surgery done mostly at the time of implant placement depending on the situation to provide a healthy bone.
A dental implant is screw shaped used to place in the jaw bone to replace the root of a missing tooth. Implant is made up of titanium, a biocompatible material, so that the human body won’t reject these foreign objects thus preventing any infection. The process of implant placement is technique sensitive so it should be done by only highly qualified and experienced dental implant specialists. Implant is considered as the best replacement option for a missing tooth as:
Advantages of having dental implants for replacement of missing teeth:
- As the adjacent teeth are not touched, as in a bridge(F.P.D) procedure where adjacent tooth support is taken for replacement of missing tooth because of which it is considered as the most conservative procedure for replacement of a missing tooth.
- It is the only replacement for a missing tooth which gets stabilized in the underlying bone like natural tooth.
- Like natural tooth implant supported tooth is having good efficiency of chewing, looks and ease in speech like a natural tooth.
- Implants give comfort and confidence to the patient after loss of tooth/teeth.
- After having dental implants patients can chew and digest the food comfortably.
- With the help of implants Patient’s loose lower denture are firm & fixed so they feel relaxed as their dentures are firm and prevents many problems like clicking sounds and sores because of loose denture .
- Better chewing of food is achieved hence improve distribution of biting forces.
“Dilemma among patient’s whether I am a good candidate for implant or not?
Prerequisite for successful implant is overall good health. If individual is having any pre-existing disease it should be under control and all blood test parameters should be within normal limits with medication than also Implants can be placed.
Along with general health oral health is also important. Individual should have healthy gums and bone. In case bone is deficient for implant placement than bone grafting/ bone augmentation may be needed as per requirement. Individual should be willing to follow the oral hygiene practices and visit the clinic for regular checkups.
Preparation for implant surgery
- Individual should have a proper night sleep.
- Individual should not skip a meal on the day of the surgery ie meal before surgery should not be skipped.
- Individual should have all the medication as prescribed/advised by dentist.
- To make yourself comfortable during procedure individual should wear comfortable clothes while coming for the surgery.
- No cosmetic products should be used as we have to scrub the area around the mouth.
Post-operative instructions after the implant surgery.
- It is advised to place cotton pack for 30 minutes after the surgery. AVOID SPITTING for the first 24 hours as spitting can initiate bleeding.
- Anaesthesia will wear off in about 1-2 hour so be careful while eating during this period.
- Avoid hot drinks and food for 24 hours after the surgery.
- Take medicines as prescribed/advised. As prescribedmedicines will help you to make you comfortable after the surgery.
- Avoid using a straw and aerated drinks.
- While sleeping raise your head slightly raised with a pillow.
- Mild soreness/swelling & discomfort might be present but nothing to worry in that case as it will go off in around for 48 hours.
- It is normal if you have a slight blood ooze during the initial first 24 hours.
- Hot fomentation should be avoided only ice fomentation is advised.
- Avoid smoking for successful implant as smoking will lead to its failure.
- In case of any problem feel free to consult doctor.
At Dentesthica we give personalized attention to all patients.
Care required for success of Dental Implants
Oral hygiene maintenance is the key for successful implant. For maintenance of implants instructions should be followed as advised by doctor which includes Regular dental checkups and professional cleaning every three months in the beginning and subsequently every six months.
What is a Sinus Lift?
The maxillary sinuses are present on both sides of nose, and on top of the upper (maxillary) teeth. These sinuses are empty, air-filled spaces. Roots of the upper molar teeth extend up to the floor of the maxillary sinus. After the extraction of teeth resorption of bone starts which leads to thinning of sinus floor bone thus reduces the height of bone for implant placement in that area. For placement of dental implants proper bone height & width is prime requisite.
By sinus lift surgery it increases bone height in the upper jaw molars and premolar region. It is also known as sinus augmentation as grafting is done in sinus region.By this procedure the required height of bone to place implant is achieved in maxillary sinus region, which are on either side of your nose. This new grafted bone can be seen in the radiographs / xrays. most of the time synthetic bone grafts are used. In some of cases patient’s own bone ie autogenous bone graft is harvested and mixed with the synthetic bone.
After sinus lift/ Sinus augmentation dental implants can be placed in the grafted region, and as per requirement of patient single crown or a bridge can be placed as per treatment plan.
Denture Stabilisation with Dental Implants
- Are you wearing loose dentures which hurt each time you eat?
- Are you embarrassed of your denture because it moves each time you cough or sneeze?
- Are you the last person to finish your meal?
- Are you constantly applying gels to sore spots under the denture?
- Are you a candidate who needs denture stabilisation with dental implants?
If you reply to above questionnaire is ‘yes’ for most of these questions, then you would benefit from dental implants.
- It is commonly seen that mostly lower denture moves because there is very less bone to hold it because of resorption as we lost. The solution for this problem is to get implants to stabilize the dentures. You may need minimum of 2-4 implants to stabilise the dentures. For stabilisation of denture the attachments on the implants gets fixed in the inner aspect of denture.
With the support of Implant the denture gets fixed & thus dentures does not slip or slide and improves the quality of life. You can begin to enjoy your meals with no sore spots/ulcers and eat everything that you always wanted to.
Single Implant in Anterior region
Single Implant in Posterior/Molar region
Single Tooth Implant
Single tooth implants are one of the best choices for replacement of one missing tooth. It is a boon for the replacement of tooth/teeth to provide several benefits to the patients who have recently lost one or more tooth in different areas, and want to replace the missing tooth/teeth. The dental implants function appreciably for more than 15 years if maintained properly as per the instructions.
Best option for replacement of the missing tooth is single tooth implant restoration. Itconsists of three parts. The implant portion that goes inside bone acts like a root of a natural tooth, the abutment which will support the crown. The crown is either cemented onto the abutment or fixed by a screw. As implant is made up of bio-compatible material that gets associated with the oral tissue in the mouth. Because of which they do not cause any adverse reaction in the oral cavity.
Multiple Teeth Implants
If multiple teeth are missing in different parts of the oral cavity than in that case one of the best solution for replacement of missing teeth is by several single tooth implants restorations. As multiple implants provide a firm base to the spaces of the missing tooth in form of tooth inside the patient’s mouth. Replacement of those missing multiple teeth becomes crucial so without any further delay treatment starting with the dental implants is important. Even with the help of multiple implants fixed bridges can be placed efficiently and successfully as a boon to the patients. Even in such cases success rate of the multiple tooth implants are having appreciating results. Even within few days of the successful completion of the treatment patients can have the foodstuffs they want to have.
The advantage of this treatment is that in this implants are placed individually at each of the missing teeth area. Hence, the implants doesn’t interfere with the functioning of each other including natural teeth, thus provide a firm base and support to the adjacent and opposite teeth also. Placement of the multiple teeth implants at the irrespective locations prevents the resorption of alveolar bone where the implants are placed which helps us to forget the worry of resorption of alveolar bone that occurs after the loss of natural teeth in the edentulous or partially edentulous area. After the placement of the dental implants, crowns are fixed on them that provides a natural yet aesthetic appearance to your smile for the rest of your life.
All on 4 Technique of Implant placement
Latest innovations in the field of dental implant is all on 4 technique. The main motto behind using this technique is to keep the denture intact with minimum number of implants in patient mouth.
As the name suggests it requires four implants to support the entire denture so it needs less amount of bone so it acts as a boon to some of the patients who have resorbed ridges & more number of implants can’t be placed.
If patient has lost his/her twelve or more than twelve teeth and desires replacement then all-on-4 implants are the best treatment choice.
Advantages of All on 4 technique-
- Implant placement in this technique helps to avoid relevant anatomical structures as implants gets anchored in the anterior region where the better quality of bone is available.
- As it utilizes the available bone so reduce the chances for bone grafting.
- Full-arch final restoration is done only with the support of four implants.so for the replacement of teeth in missing area of upper and lower arches total of eight implants will be required ie four in each arch.
- Both Fixed and removable type of final prosthesis are possible.
- Patient satisfaction is achieved as immediate loading is possible hence treatment time is reduced. As we have not to wait for a long time to deliver the denture permanently into the patient mouth.
- It acts as a boon to the patients who desires replacement of missing teeth by fixed dentures in minimal time duration.
Implant Placement Accuracy
Advantages of All on 4 technique-
- Accuracy is achieved by placement of implant by All on 4 Guide.
- With the help of computer assisted guide the treatment procedure is speed with improved treatment results with higher patient satisfaction.
WE USE TOP END IMPLANTS TO PROVIDE BEST RESULTS TO THE PATIENTS
- Delayed loading implants.
- Immediate loading implants.
If you are having good quality and quantity of bone with overall good health you are good candidate for implant placement.
TYPES OF CROWNS CAN BE USE IMPLANTS
- Porcelain fused to metal crown/bridge (Cementation)
- Porcelain fused to metal crown/bridge (Screw retained)
- Zirconia metal free Crowns.
Crown and Bridges on implants
A single missing tooth can replaced with an implant above which crown which is fixed. Implant placement is a minor surgical procedure done under local anesthesia in a dental operatory. After the implant placement, osseointegration begins i.e. the association or union of dental implant with the surrounding bone. This process, can take several months, typically from 4-6 months depending on the bone quality and density.
When implants gets Osseo integrated the head of the implant is exposed and an impression is recorded. The impression is sent to a laboratory and a crown is fabricated. As per the choice of patient & area where prosthesis has to be given, a crown is fabricated i.e. either by metal- free lithium di-silicate or zirconia crown or PFM (porcelain fused to metal) crown. When more than one teeth is missing, then either joined crowns/ or a bridge is made with the help of implants.
We generally recommend a second visit to us after at least in a gap of 4-6 months as advised at the time of implant placement. But if the quality & quantity of bone along with other systemic conditions are fine, we can go for IMMEDIATE LOADING with Crowns during the same visit with a gap of 7-10 days from the visit of implant placement.
Dental Implants in Delhi
We at Dentesthica believes in providing best dental implants treatment in South Delhi. Our implantologist is highly experienced in painless successful implant surgical procedures. Dental Implant cost in Delhi is very high but we at Dentesthica provides services at the affordable cost to our patients.
There are various procedures to fix an implant in the jawbone. The surgical procedu b res performed by an implantologistinclude bone augmentation, ridge expansion, and sinus lift. In addition to these all-on-4 dental implants, 3D imaging, immediate load dental implants, and mini dental implants are also performed by an implantologist to fix a dental implant.
Some of the complications in dental implants treatments include allergic reaction, fracture, and infection at the surgical site, insufficient bone support or lack of bone, nerve damage, and micro-movement of the implant. The reason behind these complications includes incorrect/wrong placement of the dental implant, smoking, and poor oral hygiene. However, these complications can be easily treatable.
No. The dental implants procedure is performed by an implantologist. An implantologist is a professional trained to perform dental implants. Since the procedure is a little invasive one should make to visit an implantologist only. Do not visit a general dentist. A general dentist is not trained to perform surgical implants and therefore he/she may end up placing the implant incorrectly. A general dentist will be more helpful in routine check-ups and cleaning. You can make an appointment with the best implantologist at Dentesthica to get the best dental implants treatment in Greater Kailash Delhi.